« Home | The One-Day Paper » | Resonance » | More Marks » | It All Costs $$ » | Still Looking » | *Sproing* » | Getting Fed Up » | *Dances a Jig* » | New Look » | More work... » 

5.28.2005 

Wierd Homework

So this weekend, I actually had a homework assignment, and it was kind of a strange one. The assignment was two parts:

Part A: Go to the mall
Part B: Figure out why we were supposed to go to the mall

Anyways, so tonight I did my "homework" and went to the mall... and I gotta say, the reason he wanted us to go must have been that he wanted us to be poorer when I came out than when I went in. But I got good deals, and some nice spring/summer t-shirts, which I quite desperately needed. Sales are wonderful things. Two shirts were $15 (ie. $7.50 each) and at another place, I found another shirt... this one was $10. As well, I got a pair of jeans which were something like 50% off, and since I needed jeans, that was a good thing.

And theeeennnnn... I had the bestest ice cream in the whole world. Have I told y'all about this before? Bear with me if I had. Homemade ice cream, no preservatives, available in a bazillion flavours. You pick your flavor, and then choose a "mix-in" or two (which can be fresh fruit, or candy, or nuts, etc.) which is mixed into your ice cream before the whole shebang is put into a waffle cone that they also make by hand several times a day (well, technically, with a waffle machine, but you get the idea). For example, this time, I had a raspberry icecream cone with triple-berry mix (raspberries, blackberries and blueberries). J had mango ice cream with peaches and strawberries. Soooooooo good. Last time we went, it was peach ice cream w/ strawberries for me and fudge ice cream w/ skor bits and strawberries for J. My new favorite ice cream place by far. They even had a "birthday cake" ice cream flavor, and I swear it tasted just like the angel food cake icing that we always make. So many creative flavors, and so little time to sample them all. And did I mention they let you take free samples of as many flavors as you want?

Anyways that was our shopping excursion. Oh, we also visited ToysRUs and picked up a game that J has been eyeing for ... well... everytime we go into the place. It's a Lord of the Rings Strategy Board Game, but it is SO cool. We played it this evening, and it is a totally unique game concept. The game board itself is actually build out of puzzle pieces as you need them. Rather than playing a particular character, everyone plays every character, and tries to get as many points as possible. It's more complicated than that to explain, but surprisingly not that complicated to play. And the really cool thing is that the game we got was the Fellowship of the Ring game, but there are also games for The Two Towers and Return of the King, and since all the game boards are built out of "puzzle pieces", they all connect together. To give you an idea of the scope of this game, it took the two of us about 1.5 hours to play the single game we had, and once all of the board was put together, it took up my entire kitchen table. Now imagine it being three times that... it'd be like an epic-game. And J wants to get 'em all... not that I blame her. It's a really neat game/concept.

So that was the result of my wierd homework assignment. Tomorrow is a different kind of shopping... grocery shopping. Ooooooooo. So thrilling.


About

  • My Wish List
  • My del.icio.us

My Del.icio.us Tags

Recently Bookmarked

Wish List

Google Ads