« Home | Design World » | Wierd Homework » | The One-Day Paper » | Resonance » | More Marks » | It All Costs $$ » | Still Looking » | *Sproing* » | Getting Fed Up » | *Dances a Jig* » 

5.30.2005 

Opportunities

I think I've mentioned to some of you that in order to get business as a webdesigner, you have to get yourself known, and spread via word-of-mouth... and that's where I've been having trouble. I've been considering doing some volunteer work on some simple sites, just to get my name out there, and I think I may have hit a really good one. I can't give details yet, but suffice it to say, I will be doing the design for a site that gets a lot -- a LOT -- of traffic and is on its way up -- way, way up. I wish I could tell y'all how way up.

Yes, it's volunteer. But I'm okay with that. The site itself is not a source of revenue for its owner; it require ads to stay afloat, so it's not that I'm being taken advantage of in any way. It also doesn't look like it will take a terrible amount of work to get the site up to snuff. But the big thing is that this is already a big site, and will grow into being even bigger in probably the near future. It's incredible exposure, because there will be a prominent "Designed By" link at the bottom of each page. If people want their pages designed, they'll know where to come.

I'm excited. But I can't start working on it yet; tomorrow, maybe. Definately Wednesday. But first I have an exam on Hinduism to study for.


About

  • My Wish List
  • My del.icio.us

My Del.icio.us Tags

Recently Bookmarked

Wish List

Google Ads