« Home | Hodge-Podge » | I saw "it" this morning » | Go Flames Go » | Back to Square One » | Class Ratings » | Testing, one... two... testing... » | And.... we're back! » | Update » | Ack! » | Woohoo! » 

10.14.2005 

Got Bit by the PBk Power Bug

I got bit by the PowerBook power adapter failure bug. I tried to plug in my laptop to charge the battery, and ...

nothing. No power, no connection, no charging. Apparently the adapters are prone to failure... a short search online shows many people's adapters shorting out, sparking, catching on fire... Fortunately, mine "just" stopped. But I did have to buy a replacement one, at a price tag of $120. I didn't get an official Apple branded one (the MicroStore didn't have any of those in stock), but an approved 3rd party one, which includes an airplane jack, and a car (cigarette lighter) jack. But oy. I didn't need to spend that kind of money.


About

  • My Wish List
  • My del.icio.us

My Del.icio.us Tags

Recently Bookmarked

Wish List

Google Ads