« Home | I saw "it" this morning » | Go Flames Go » | Back to Square One » | Class Ratings » | Testing, one... two... testing... » | And.... we're back! » | Update » | Ack! » | Woohoo! » | What Book Are You? » 

10.03.2005 

Hodge-Podge

I can't win.

This work situation is... well, I don't know what it is.

It's a contract to do what really, honestly amounts to menial grunt work. And it's a fixed rate per hour ($15, which is at the very bottom of market value, if not below), and probably won't take all that long. So it really doesn't look like it will be helping my financial situation.

The only thing I can hope is that maybe they're using this to test me out, and if I do a decent job, relatively quickly (not like it's hard!), maybe they'll have more work for me? I just don't know what to try anymore. Do I need to start looking for a *4th* job? This is getting rediculous.

In other news, I seem to be doing well so far in all my classes this semester. And yes, I was concerned. Latin reading is getting better... once you figure out *how* Caesar writes, it actually makes sense. 100% on my translation quiz this past week. Greek is not getting any harder, but the volume of stuff is really starting to accumulate. Fortunately, it's still all review for me -- I don't know how those people who are doing this as their first exposure to Greek could possibly keep up. I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with the vocabulary. Arky (Ancient Civ) is hard to tell, since we haven't *done* anything yet, as is the case with my Daoism class. I have a meeting with the instructor tomorrow to discuss paper topics for said Daoism class, so hopefully that will give me a bit of an idea of what's going on. And finally, the Gospel of Mark quiz, in which I have, on occasion, been feeling slightly out of my league. She really is teaching it significantly like a grad course, and considering this is my ... what ...7th? 8th? course in religious studies, it's a bit intimidating. But I *did* get 37/40 on my quiz that we just had, which means I'm holding my own. I also managed to figure out (what I think will be) a really cool topic for my term paper ... one I'm actually excited enough about to start looking into researching it now. We'll see how long that lasts.

Let's see... 1..2..3..4..5. Yup, that's all my classes. And I've already discussed work, so that pretty much sums up my life at the moment. Oh, well, and sword-swinging. But there's not much to report there. So I guess I should go learn some Greek words. And try to *not* think about work.


About

  • My Wish List
  • My del.icio.us

My Del.icio.us Tags

Recently Bookmarked

Wish List

Google Ads