« Home | May Long Weekend » | Back in Action » | Impermanence » | Conference Details and Exams » | Argh » | Another Gospel » | More good news » | w00t! » | Dark and Moody » | Suffice it to Say.... » 

5.29.2006 

Recipe Report #1

Since I got a new watch with all kinds of health-helping things (yeah, yeah, I know, you gotta actually do the walking to get the benefits), J and I figured the next step is to try some new recipes. We've actually been talking about trying some new things for a while, since we tend to either not cook, or cook stuff that takes a while -- no real middle ground. So, we went out and bought the Looney Spoons cookbook and are going to try to do 3 new recipes a week -- two which we think sound really good, and one "could be good" or "could be interesting" recipe. Each week, then, I'll post the three new recipes we're trying, and also a recap of how each was. It'll at least keep me posting, as well as keeping us trying new things!

Without further ado, here's the first three things we're planning on trying:

Mandarin Salad: a sort of combo pasta-lettuce salad, which has mandarins, water chestnuts, and a honey + yogurt + dry mustard + poppy seed dressing

Fettucine Alfredo: a standard garlic alfredo which uses light sour cream rather than whipping (or other) cream.

And this week's "could be interesting" one, "Mixed-Up Meatballs": meatballs (ground turkey) which is supposed to have raspberry jam, mustard and horseradish (I know, I know) as a sauce.

Wish us luck!


About

  • My Wish List
  • My del.icio.us

My Del.icio.us Tags

Recently Bookmarked

Wish List

Google Ads