« Home | Back in Action » | Impermanence » | Conference Details and Exams » | Argh » | Another Gospel » | More good news » | w00t! » | Dark and Moody » | Suffice it to Say.... » | Injury Report » 

5.22.2006 

May Long Weekend

"On my summer vacation, I did..." Oh wait. Wrong topic. First off, happy May Long to all you Canadians out there. Hopefully most of you are getting a day off from work, school, what-have-you. As for myself, I took Saturday off from coursework and reading, which means I don't get today off. This whole working six days a week thing has some advantages, but there are serious disadvantages too.

But, since I did have Saturday and Sunday off, I managed to give myself enough of a brain-break hopefully to make it through another six-day push. And, as you can see to the left, I now have a spiffy new watch to help me keep on time. My old watch kept having the strap breaking, and rather than spending $10-$20 on a new strap all the time, I should just get a new watch. This was a bit more expensive than what I was looking at spending initially, but it's really good quality -- better than the average buy-at-Walmart Timex ones. I picked it up at Mountain Equipment Co-op, so I got a good deal on it too and you can't complain with their warantee policy. Oh, and did I mention the watch also has a monitoring system for heart-rate, and speed and distance travelled? It's nice to have, since J and I have started walking / jogging 2 nights a week, so this lets me know how far we've gone, what the heart-rate is, and what not. Besides, it just looks cool.

So... I have a watch. What else is new? Not a whole heck of a lot. Kev moved up a week ago, and has been bunking here until he can move into his place at the beginning of June. I'm still doing my research and a course, but (and hold off from calling me crazy for a few moments, while I explain) I'm also working 3 full days a week at the Faculty of Medicine. But, while I'm there, I can do my coursework, and some research, so it basically doesn't add up to much more work for me at all. It means I can't sit on the comfy couch and do my research, but I guess that's alright.

Work is calling, and despite it being a holiday for most of y'all, some things can't wait.


About

  • My Wish List
  • My del.icio.us

My Del.icio.us Tags

Recently Bookmarked

Wish List

Google Ads