« Home | Course Update » | Two New Things » | Apartment Pics » | Snapshots of Wetness » | The World's Best Drink » | Out of Customs. » | Out of Customs? » | Bits and Pieces » | Laptop is... » | Digital Imagery » 

6.25.2005 

I'm not a Movie Reviewer

Going to see movies in theaters is expensive.

That being said, I went to see Star Wars (Ep. 3) yesterday. I was told that it's one of those movies that you "have to see in theaters", but I'm not so sure. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie, but I don't know if the big-screen is worth it. Maybe at a second-run place, but I'm not sure. It is definately an action flick, though; much more than the previous 2 -- maybe even all of the previous five -- have been. I guess the action made up for the corny dialog, though it *is* surprising how much less corny dialog says when said with a British accent. I can't imagine how bad it would have been if most of the actors had a more American accent. There were some humorous parts -- at least I found them funny -- but overall, the movie was too much action and not enough struggle for me. Not that I'm a film director, or even close, but it just felt like the dark side seemed too evil from the outset, which detracted from Anakin's struggle. In the end, the movie didn't have enough of the struggle in it, and what it did have seemed significantly cheapened. But still, it was nice to get out and go see a movie; something I haven't done for a long time (I can't remember the last movie I went to see in theaters).

But enough movie reviewing. I worked 9 hours yesterday... actually closer to 9.5, once all was said and done. I have exams all day Monday, work Tuesday night (tech support) and then Wednesday and Thursday at the bookstore. No work on Friday, since it's Canada Day. And then I start my new class right away the next week... Tuesday, I believe. No rest for the weary (or something like that), I guess.

The advisor did end up putting me into the "Death and Afterlife" course that begins in January, so now it's a matter of watching the timetable in hopes that people will drop one or more of the courses I still want to take. There's no real urgency yet, though, since most of the problematic courses are in January. There's only one course I'm still waiting to hear on for September, and that's the one that I may or may not have to take. So we'll see.

Anyways, exams on Monday means studying today and Sunday. Back to it.


About

  • My Wish List
  • My del.icio.us

My Del.icio.us Tags

Recently Bookmarked

Wish List

Google Ads