« Home | Two New Things » | Apartment Pics » | Snapshots of Wetness » | The World's Best Drink » | Out of Customs. » | Out of Customs? » | Bits and Pieces » | Laptop is... » | Digital Imagery » | Woohoo » 

6.21.2005 

Course Update

Well, I did get in to meet with the advisor today. Getting into courses isn't easy; I have to wait to see if I can get into some courses on overload, but I at least know what I'm going to do. Summer semester (July and August) I'll be studying Mahayana Buddhism. Then in September, I'm registered in 4 courses, and am waiting approval for one more. I will be taking "Advanced Origins of Christianity", "Latin III", "Ancient Greek I" and "Advanced Indian Buddhism" for sure, and am waiting on a research methodologies course. Then again, because I write so well, the advisor said that if I can't get in on overload, I may be able to just not do that course -- though it's a required course, she says it could be worked that I don't have to take it in order to graduate. So that's fall, but winter (starting in January) is where things get interesting. Most everything is full, or at the same time as something else. Here's what I'm taking for sure: "Intermediate Readings in Latin", "Ancient Greek II" and ... that's all I'm registered in, at the moment. But the advisor (I think) is going to register me in a course on "Death and the Afterlife", and I'm waiting on notice of whether or not I can get in another two courses on overload. The three options I've requested are "Greek and Roman Religion", "Magic and cult in the Roman Empire" and "Research Methodologies". Research methodologies is another required course, and it'd be best if I could take it this year. You will, of course, note that there is no Hebrew on that list. Classical Hebrew was being taught at the same time as my Latin readings course, so I am taking Latin. Hebrew may be offered next summer, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Anyways, that's the way courses are looking at the moment. We'll see what happens when I get things finally and completely sorted.


About

  • My Wish List
  • My del.icio.us

My Del.icio.us Tags

Recently Bookmarked

Wish List

Google Ads