« Home | I win! » | I'm Singin' in the.... » | Religious Studies it is... » | News Update » | Dryyyyyyyyyyy » | From the NY Post... » | A (Well Deserved?) Break » | job! work! training! (etc.) » | Sales are great » | (Yet) Another Design » 

3.09.2005 

Update on Program Change

I just got back from the Registrar's Office and have officially changed my program (ie. the one I applied to for Fall) to be a pure Religious Studies (Honors) degree, rather than what I was planning before. It will work out better in the long run, both in terms of future education (read: masters and beyond) and work in the research world. Teaching opportunities (once I have a masters/doctoral) will also be far more open to me, my undergrad advisor assures me.

So not only did I change my program but I registered for summer courses. At the moment, I'm registered in 4 courses (that's two each session of summer), but since I'm not a visiting student, I can change that at any time if I want!

The first two I will definately do: they are the last two introductory courses I will need; one in eastern religions and one on the nature of religion. Since they're first year courses, my advisor assures me that it'll be a walk in the park for me. The other two I will take at least one of; one is on Buddhism and one is on different religions' perspectives on death and the afterlife, which sounds very cool. The reason I'm going to take summer courses is that it will definately make my second degree work-load easier and lighter. And since it's only two courses at a time, it means I still will have plenty of time for work and maybe, on occasion, some fun. ;-)

Well, I have to do some Latin, so that's it for now.


About

  • My Wish List
  • My del.icio.us

My Del.icio.us Tags

Recently Bookmarked

Wish List

Google Ads